Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Winning the race

Meet S, a sixth grade female so affected by the massive chip on her shoulder that she likely has back problems. S has vocally demonstrated repeatedly that she does not like white people, Arabic people, or just people in general...


S: (To an Arabic teacher) "I ain't from your country. I ain't one of you."

Mr. F: S, You're in enough trouble, don't make it worse."

S: "GOD Mista what is it with YOU people?"

Mr. F: "YOU people? What does that even mean?"

S: All ya'll Arabics and whites. I ain't playin'."

Mr. F: "S, you know that this is now a bias incident, right?"

S: F*** outta heah'. Mista, you shop at the WHITE store, get it? I shop at the BLACK store, get it?"

Mr. F: "S, that doesn't even make se..."

S: "White store!"


And on a separate occasion, with her hands covered in chalk from erasing the chalkboard, S had this to say:

"Mista, now I'm the same color as you!"

No comments: