Sunday, March 30, 2008

Through the grapevine

C, a sixth grade student in my advisory, was VERY concerned about the following discussion. To give some context, it occurred an hour or so after issuing several detentions and referrals to my sixth grade band class.

C: (with caution) "Mr. F, I heard some kids say somethin' about you"

Mr. F: "Was is about how much they liked me?"

C: (seriously) No...

Mr. F: Well then what was it? I won't get mad.

C: (continuing to be serious) I didn't say it! They just said that...you...

Mr. F: What?

C: I don't wanna get in trouble...

Mr. F: It's fine, you can tell me.

C: (with hesitation) They said Mr F. be fiendin'...but I didn't! I just heard it!

Mr. F: And that's it?

C: But I didn't say you were fiendin', they did...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.