Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Butt out!

Whenever possible, to make some extra money, I volunteer to cover classes for absent teachers. And whenever possible, to gather fodder for this blog, I volunteer to monitor the in-house suspension room. This bit of conversation between two high school sophomores (both female) is from my most recent visit. I am usually fairly confident in my ability to respond quickly and with some kind of wit, but this caught me by such surprise that I quite literally had nothing to say:

R: "Yo, I be lovin' Aeropotale jeans! Ima get my Christmas money and just buy mad jeans from Aeropostale."

K: "You tight, son! I don't know why you love them jeans so much. You look like you got white butt when you wear them! I need them fat booty jeans! I don't need no white butt. No offense mista, but it be all flat and sh*t. Give me them fat booty jeans!"

No comments: