Monday, June 1, 2009

The Pig Picture

D can be described as the dumbest smart kid in the eighth grade; completely lacking in common sense, D has a knack for acing standardized tests while failing at putting together a saxophone (seriously; and it's only 3 pieces).  And it is now evident that he is well on his way to medical school:

D (hysterical and sobbing):
"Mr. F, I can't play in the concert tomorrow!"
Mr. F:  "Is everything alright?  You seem really upset."
D:  "I'm sick, and won't be in school.  Does that mean I'm going to fail?"
Mr. F:  "Of course not, D.  If you're sick, you're sick.  No hard feelings, hope you get better."
D (unable to hold back tears):  "I have swine flu!"
Mr. F: "Why would you come to school if you knew that?"
D: "Well I haven't been to the doctor yet, but I'm pretty sure I do."

D was back in the school the day after the concert, well enough and just in time to attend the eighth grade class field trip.   At no point was he actually diagnosed by a medical professional with swine flue, bird flu, or any flu at all, for that matter.  He said the trip was "a lot of fun".

1 comment: