Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pot? Meet kettle.

Some students often find difficulty in understanding that their teachers are human beings susceptible to occasional spells of anger, rage, and frustration. While this blog is composed almost exclusively of student contributions, I thought it might be a good idea to give a written account of educator fallibility. While I am as guilty as any other teacher, these quotations are not entirely my own, but are instead a survey of many teachers' verbal gaffes:

"There's no f*cking cursing in my room, get it!?"

"You know, there's a dictionary over there. Find the word 'sociopath'. I think you should look it up."

"I need you to let me help you! I can help you. Him (pointing)? I can't help him. The type of help he needs, I'm not qualified to give."

"Can you move your seat over there, please? This space is for students. The pouty baby section is over there."

And my favorite...

"I'm never helping you again! You were a waste of your parents' good sex!"

No comments: