Sunday, November 9, 2008

Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?

J is very excited to be in music, so I was shocked when one day he sat quietly with no mouthpiece and an unopened saxophone case. Because lack of preparation negatively affects students' grades (not the mention their music education), I decided to see what the problem was:

Mr. F: "So J, why no mouthpiece today?"

J: "Well...it got crushed."

Mr. F: "How did it get crushed?"

J: "Last Thursday."

(pause)

Mr. F: "Okay...that's WHEN it was crushed. HOW did it get crushed?"

J: "Well it's in the garbage now."

Mr. F: "Okay...that's WHERE it is. HOW did it get crushed?"

J: "Oh. It's probably in the incinerator."

(pause)

Mr. F: "J, listen very, very carefully. HOW, as in what happened, to crush your saxophone mouthpiece?"

J: "Well I just threw it out after it was crushed!"

(pause)

Mr. F (face in hands): "J, did it get hit by a car? Did something heavy fall on it? Did someone heavy jump on it?"

J: "It's in the garbage now, I don't know!"


I would finish the rest of the transcript, except it carries on for far too long with no results. I still have no idea what actually happened. It has been suggested that he was lying, but he was so earnest about the whole ordeal that I don't believe that to be true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Guru, what entice you to post an article. This article was extremely interesting, especially since I was searching for thoughts on this subject last Thursday.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I acquiesce in but I contemplate the post should secure more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.