Monday, June 23, 2008

Won't you be my...

N is arguably my favorite student; a graduating senior, future doctor, decent saxophone player, and all around nice guy. In reality, the relationship we've developed this year more closely resembles one of friendship than anything else. Since I am most likely moving to a new neighborhood in the city, and N is a city native, it was only natural that I sought his opinion on the quality of certain prospective neighborhoods. This is the inside perspective:

N: "You don't want to move to my neighborhood. It's too far away and, well, not that safe."

Mr. F: "Well, what about neighborhood X?"

N: "When I was younger, like maybe 10 years ago, that was a terrible place to live. There were riots and crime and all sorts of stuff. It's not bad now, though. I mean, like in neighborhood Y, where Mr. W used to work, one time there was a dead body outside the school. But in neighborhood X, there really aren't dead bodies or anything. Okay, well, there might be, but see, people will kill someone in neighborhood Y and only bring the body to neighborhood X. So you should be fine in neighborhood X."

No comments: