Friday, May 23, 2008

This is not funny

There is nothing about this that is funny. It just so perfectly illustrates the polarity of experiences that I... experience at my job.

Somewhere during the day, a seventh grade female student C (remember, there is no greater evil than seventh grade girls) hugged me and said, "Mr. F, please come back next year". This made me feel the kind of validation and acceptance that has eluded me all year. It was a good day.

Then, later on in the day, walking outside of the school, I passed by the baseball team. As I was about to wave to them (from across the street), a student of mine, J, pointed his bat in my direction and said, loud enough for me to hear, "Yo! Look at this f*ggot!". It was a bad day.

There is nothing about this that is funny.

No comments: