Saturday, September 8, 2007

The ties that bind them

In the middle of my first conversation with F, he willingly disclosed this incriminating information (which I have paraphased to the best of my recollection):

I do things my way. That's why a lot of people here don't like me. They tell me Frank, you're too honest. But why am I gonna talk to you if I don't like you? The only thing I would say is, "I don't like you". But people don't like that. Like my wife. With me, its always family first. She tells me I'm too honest. She had two deaths in her family this year, and so yeah, I'm home every night after work to see her. She grieves in her own way. She asks why I don't cry. I do things my way remember? So family first, I'll be there for her and we'll eat dinner and I'm home with her, but I won't cry. I mean, I have the girlfriend on the side, but it's still family first. My girlfriend is moving Florida, and wants me to visit. What's Frank's rule? My way. Sorry, I'm not going. And my ex-wife lives in Florida, so my wife wouldn't want me traveling there, because she'd think I was visiting her. So I said to my girlfriend, lets go to London. She doesn't want to go to London. I told her, I do things my way, no London? Bye! But yeah, family first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy shit... I think I want to be Frank... wait, no... no I don't. But I would like to hang out with him.