Monday, November 9, 2009

Sinners in the Hands of an Angry Band Teacher

In the same day, I found these two notes in instrument cases. They were left for future instrumentalists to discover, but only well after the identity of the authors could ever be discovered. In a way, they each contain the same gospel, though one speaks of fire and brimstone and the other of love and compassion...

"Dear L:

Treat this clarinet well, and I will reward you!
Love,
God"

"You better take care of this sax! If you break it, I will hunt you down and kill you. (Don't be the next H and show this to Mr. V.)
from,
Jesus"

Both the clarinet and saxophone were and still are broken.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, Mr. F - I'm so glad you're back to blogging!

Lynne said...

I really enjoy reading your blog!