Thursday, February 14, 2008

Shooting the messenger

I've been reluctant to post this story, but it has been some time since this incident. Around Thanksgiving, teachers were given a memo instructing them to help curb the constant iPod and hat wearing in the hallways. The following occured the day I received the memo:

Mr. F: Excuse me, can you remove your hat please?
(notice the polite address, and the interrogative in lieu of an imperative...)

X: Excuse me, but can you take your f***ing scalp off?

Mr. F: What did you just say? I just asked you to take your hat off.

X: And I just asked if you could take your f***ing scalp off.

Mr. F: I think you need to relax all I did was ASK you. Now I am telling you. Take off your hat.

X: Take off your f***ing scalp.

Mr. F: You know I need to write this up, right?

X: I don't give a f***. F*** all ya'll teachers.

1 comment:

WD said...

I don't see what the big deal is. He does you a favor, you do him a favor. What's the big deal?